I rebuilt last night, but disabled EIT in the configure. This knocked the backend cpu usage back to <10%, and the frontend to about 50%. So this looks like the reason for the backend cpu increase.

After that the system is usable with clean playback. I'd still like to get the frontend down to xine-like cpu though.

John

Stutty wrote:

Just to add that I am also using this board (but as backend only - PCI
DVB card) and am seeing mythbackend CPU load sometimes being sustained
at over 30% whilst recording programs. However most of the time it
stays around the Myth 0.18.1 levels of 2-5%.

Have not had time to look into it unfortunately.

Paul