Daniel Rischar wrote:

I cannot figure out how these two are related (MythVideo/xine and the EPG), but here is my problem:

Version: occured in 0.18.1 (from Gentoo portage) and the latest subversion sources

Reproducibility: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Start mythfrontend
2) go to mythvideo and watch a video (must use xine -pfq %s command)
3) Exit the movie, it does not matter how long it plays
4) Switch to watching LiveTV
5) bring up the program guide
6) move the selection in any direction

I find that I can only move the selection once and then the EPG stops responding to my keypresses. I can still go back by pressing escape, but going into the guide again produces the same result. I can only move the selection once, but never more. The EPG works fine when I do not play a video first.

I get the same problem. I've not found an actual fix for it but I do have a workaround. It's because the mythfrontend window loses focus, so if you're running it on a desktop then you can click to another window and then back in the mythfrontend window and it will work again. Alternatively, after watching a video in Xine, navigate to the media library and go to recorded programs. Go to any recording and press "right" to bring up the list of options and you will find that you probably can't select any of them. Press escape and then right again and you should now find that the window has focus and you can select the options again. The EPG in Live TV will also work again now.

I tried to search the web, and this list for any posts relating to these problems, but could not find anything. If this has been posted about before, just point me in the right direction.

--
Daniel Rischar
Computer Engineering