Endaf Jones wrote:

On 1/8/06, Al McIntosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:34:41AM -0500, Al McIntosh wrote:

Dec 15 07:28:27 mythbox kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0  OVERFLOW
#2:
Stealing a Buf
fer, 512 currently allocated

More memory does not appear to help. Did anyone manage a fix for this?

In my case, it turned out that my network card was on the same IRQ as
all three IDE channels (software RAID-5), and while the box would
usually record OK, if I was doing something network-intensive (like
watching TV on the remote Myth frontend) the network card would
generate so many IRQs it was delaying the drives to the point where
the front-end would stutter, ivtv would overflow, and eventually the
RAID driver would fail a drive.  That would have been fine, except
that the ethernet watchdog (tulip driver) would panic the kernel.  I
tried forcing the cards to specific IRQs but the tulip driver
wouldn't behave.  I switched to a different ethernet port and ALL of
the problems went away.

Interesting, I have a rather fast mythbox, AMD 2800+ with 1G ram and a
single pvr250.  The buffer overflow often occurs in the middle of the
night when the only load on the machine is mythbackend recording.

Perhaps when mythfilldatabase is running?

The last few occurances have been in the evening or night.

mythfilldatabase has been running around 11am.

I do have mythcommflag set to run when the recording starts.