HI everybody,

I've been thinking about the things that still bother me about my mythtv
setup, and the worst one is definately boot time on the frontend.  It takes
my P3-733 a couple of minutes to boot fully in to mythtv.

I was hoping that some sort of hibernation/suspend to disk setup would help me
with this.

Does anyone out there do this sort of  thing?  Any mythtv related caveats?
How about root over NFS?

My system has a hard drive that I boot from, and then spin down.  I suppose I
could spin it back up to do the suspend to disk...

How much faster would a resume be than a full boot?

Mark