i have a fusionhdtv 5 lite too...here are my thoughts.

on #2, yes.

#3, no...those channel numbers have no logical mapping to what you'll find with myth...comcast sends a special channel-you-see in listings and on your digital box -> physical channel mapping table down via a proprietary means.
mythtv will find the physical channels but probably not the mapping table.....you can tune through whatever myth finds and pray that you can figure out what it is...but invariably a decent portion of it will be encrypted (or maybe even all, depending where you are).

also, for one thing, i had to change part of the driver to get myth to work with mine...apparently the driver developer hardcoded the driver to always return a signal level of 0...so myth never wanted to tune in on the card.
comcast doesn't put much program data out (where i am, anyway).  one QAM channel carrying hidef local tv looks like there's epg data compliant with SCTE standard #54, but myth doesn't seem to know that spec. nothing else seems to have data.