> > because your search algorithm doesn't match about 30% of my channels.
>
> It's a simple fuzzy match based on the name of the logo. If it
doesn't find
> a match Hit F and try entering your own
>

>Yup! You have to do it, it's not always going to match (or even
>display a correct option).

I just wanted to say Greg have done an amazing job! I always wanted to
try fuzzy logic on something, but never had a good candidate. There
always was a simpler way. As for lyngsat and dish customers, on
lyngsat.com there are pages that list the channels by satellites, like
110,119 and 61. Here's an example
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish61.html Please note that the page
references all the icons from lyngsat-logo.com. If one just needs small
icons, everything could be gathered from those pages. No need to match
call signs or anything like this. Channel numbers are there to rescue.
Now the fun part, the big logos have the same file name but different
location and extension. If one wants the logos instead of icons, all
that needs to be done is to replace /icon/ with /logo/ and change the
file extension into jpg. I wrote a small java program to verify the idea
and it worked for me. I've put it on the web here
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/abaiko/mythlyng.zip
The program needs Java 1.5 to run. mysql connector is included, just
unpack the zip into a folder on your frontend and run it something like
this:
java -jar mythlyng.jar -v
It should locate your mysql.txt file, connect to the server and list
your video sources. Once you know which source corresponds to which
satellite, run it like this:
java -jar mythlyng.jar -d dish110 -s 1
repeat for other sources if desired. Switch -b switches between icons
and logos. Logos are on by default.

SY
    Alex