From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Jerry McBride
Sent: Sun 1/15/2006 2:47 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Nearly 100% install of MYTHYV...

I've just finished trying to iron out a mythtv install here in my house. I've
got it all running as smooth as silk, save one single problem....

I am unable to start the mythbackend server via it's startup script. During
restart or from a command line, executing the startup script on my gentoo
server, "/etc/init.d/mythbackend start" results in normal output, but the
backend shuts down almost immediately. There's no error messages in dmesg,
messages or even mythbackend.log... The script executes normally, it's just
that mythbackend shuts down....

Now... if I run the backend server from the commandline like a normal program
with:

mythbackend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid --daemon --verbose all &

The backend server stays up and everything operates normally. The parameters
are the same as provided in the startup script... nothing changed.

Anyone have a clue where to start looking????

Thank you, in advance,
                                             Jerry McBride

<<winmail.dat>>