Sorry, typed "ext2" and was thinking "FAT". My goof :)

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Michael T. Dean
        Sent: Tue 1/17/2006 3:08 PM
        To: Discussion about mythtv
        Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Intermittant high disk activity

        On 01/16/06 19:20, Gavin Haslett wrote:

        >Oh, one other possibility would be filesystem in use on the video
partition. I've found (through trial and error) that XFS is by far the best
filesystem to use on the video partition for general use. It deletes instantly,
almost never seems to get fragmented or "busy" and generally is a nice FS to
use. I tried ReiserFS (kept trying to rewrite journals while I was trying to
watch TV) and ext3 (fragmented too easily for my tastes)... though I've been
led to believe from a friend of mine that you can use an ext2 partition for
buffers so long as you keep 'em below 2Gb.

        Why below 2GB?

        Mike

<<winmail.dat>>