Hello,

I have scoured the list and the Internet and discovered a lot of good information ... none of which has corrected my problem.

I'm running on

 - Dell 2.4GHz/512M ram
 - pcHDTV 3000 Card
 - nVidia GeForce FX 5200
 - using NTSC with cable -- no cable box.
 - Have Video for Linux card specified -- not the pcHDTV(wanted to get the basics working first)

using the latest stable branch from SVN compiled with --enable-Xvmc.  I have "v4l" defined in my xorg.conf file.  I also have Xvmc defined in the setup.  I believe I have also turned off all commercial flagging.  (specifics of which settings to check might help).  The processor also spikes when I run glxgears ... not sure if that means anything.

When I started the image quality was terrible.  I have been able to significantly improve the quality but it still stutters.  I ran "top" and both mythbackend and mythfrontend are consuming all available resources when watching TV.

I feel like I'm making improvements but have run into a wall.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Thomas