First,
I've been doing some recent reworking on my systems, especially
with HD and digital sound and I am really impressed how
far the HD side of myth has come over the past 6-9 months.
Reliability and quality has really improved, between the newer Air2pc cards,
new drivers, and newer myth versions.  I used to run
30-50% failures somewhere in a 1hr recording.  Now, I'm
probably over 90% success.  And with digital sound, reduced
jumpyness using XvMC and other improvements, mythtv has gone from
a by-the-way it can do HD with a little luck, to almost wanting
nothing but HD.

Now for the questions,
1.  As I had to reinstall my frontend to get the AV710 sound
card to work, I noticed the single PVR250 card in the frontend
now records with a much lower audio volume than the PVR500 dual
card on the backend.  Before the reinstall, there was no
apparent difference.  Both machines are running 2.6.15 kernels
on Mandriva 2006.  Is there any setting somewhere that would cause
this card to record lower volumes now?  I've checked the recording
profiles, don't see anything obviously at fault.

2.  I rewired my audio / video to route everything through a
home theater AV receiver, including a basic vcr, dvd and myth.
I also included an svideo cable from the receiver back to
the pvr250 to allow the pvr to record from other sources.  The
question tho is how to set mythtv up to use this port, while still
having its primary input as tuner.  Do I need to set up a new
"Source"?  And what would that be?  How to tell myth to record
from that input, etc.   Or is it some manual action, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Brian