Well I finally figured it out.

By running 'Xorg' I was able to get "X" to start so I got to thinking that maybe it wasn't an X problem. I then started wondering if there was a front end installed like KDE or GNOME, and there wasn't.

So, I installed KDE and it fired right up, X that is or should I say KDE? Anyway I guess I now have the issue of figuring out how to start the frontend automatically instead of having to manually lauch it. The other question I have does mythfrontend have to run in KDE or some other 'front end' application?

I'll repost since this is a different problem and no one knows the answer.

Thanks for all the help to everyone in this thread!!!

ajm,