I changed my device to ALSA:spdif and the mixer to default and BAM! I've got dolby digital coming out. I'm using Jarod's .asoundrc file and it seems to be working great. Thanks everyone!

On 1/19/06, Jarod Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thursday 19 January 2006 19:11, William Lewis wrote:
> >Yeah.  Shouldn't "video as timebase" be disabled if "AC-3 Passthrough"
> >is enabled and there's an AC-3 stream?  (Kind of like AC-3 is disabled
> >when the user initiates timestretch--at least until Mark finishes his
> >AC-3 re-encode work.)
> >
> >Mike
>
> The only difficulty is an implementation detail.  Since the settings are on
> different screens, the setting for "Use video as timebase" would have to be
> tri-state: Off, On, Was on but ac3 is disabled.  Another 2 cents worth.  If
> the user goes from AC3 passthrough off to on, this would disable the video
> as timebase.  Well, if he changes his mind, it should go back to being on.
> However, if it was off the whole time, then changing the AC3 setting
> wouldn't matter.

How 'bout simply disabling 'use video as timebase' at run-time when passing
raw AC3, regardless of what 'use video as timebase' is set to.

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]