Hi there I am interested in trying this.

However I have a M9000 which I understand (and I may be wrong) uses i586
binaries, and i686 will fail.

Your mini distro seems to be compiled for i686. Can you offer any
comments before I give it a try?

My reference for the i586/686 thing is here:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags#Nehemiah_.28C5XL.29.2FC5P_.28Via.29

my cpuinfo is :

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : VIA C3 Ezra
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 933.063
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips        : 1868.49

Thanks for any input.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>