Title: Re: [mythtv-users] Opinions on my hardware choices for a new PVR
Yes, I was wrong about the audio.  I figured it out last night.  I was testing for audio using headphones on line level (non amplified) outputs.  That was dumb.  But in my defense, the jacks aren't label and my manual in still boxed up somewhere from the home renovation project.  It turns out that on the system with the 5 1/8" jacks the jacks are [column one going down]  Line In, Line Out, Mic In [column two (not present on some models)] Rear Channels, Center & Sub Channels, SPDIF Optical.  The Line Out functions as basic stereo output or Front channel output in a 5.1 setup.  All jacks are stereo.  (3 stereo output jacks = 6 Channel/5.1 output)  KnoppMyth detected this as worked out of the box.  The goof was my fault.

So, Matt,  do you have a PVR-500 on this thing?  My one remaining issue is that /dev/video1 doesn't seem to be working.  Lots of

...mythtv kernel: ivtv1 warning: i2c client addr: 0x44 not found for command...
errors on boot, and
ivtv-tune -d/dev/video1 -c24
doesn't report signal detected.

Ideas?

Matt White wrote:
Richard Bronosky wrote:

So did you order your
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K7N2_Delta2_Platinum
?  I'm wondering how it is going.  I've got KnoppMyth working on mine,
but I have no sound.  A few notes of this MoBo is you haven't ordered it
yet.
1.  It does not have on board Video, so in your original post when you
mention on board video, I hope you meant from the PVR-350
2.  The on board audio is 5.1 which is cool, but it lacks normal stereo
out.  (I think.  I can't figure out if my no sound issue is HW or SW.)

Please reply, I'd like to share notes with you.

I wasn't the original poster, but I'm a (happy) owner of one of those
boards, running Gentoo.  It's my main backend/frontend box that sits
next to my TV.

Some details:

Audio:  Using ALSA snd-intel8x0 module

# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [CK8            ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK8
                      NVidia CK8 at 0xe3004000, irq 21

There is an analog audio output (actually, there's 6 channel output,
depending on how it's set up - the line in and mic plugs can be used for
output).  I'm using the optical out to my amp - you need the S-Bracket
for that connector.

Network: Using forcedeth module

I use an nVidia AGP card for video out, with the nVidia binary drivers.

--
Thank you for your time,
--==<< B r u n o   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.
Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--