One thing about the setup that is curious is, in fact, the tuner card.  I'm not at the machine now (at work, atm), but I'm 100% sure it's a Conexant chipset.  However, when I run:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# dmesg | grep bttv && dmesg | grep tuner
bttv: driver version 0.9.16 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:0a.0, irq: 12, latency: 32, mmio: 0xea004000
bttv0: detected: Hauppauge WinTV [card=10], PCI subsystem ID is 0070:13eb
bttv0: using: Hauppauge (bt878) [card=10,autodetected]
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00ffffdb [init]
bttv0: Hauppauge/Voodoo msp34xx: reset line init [5]
bttv0: using tuner=50
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9887 @ 0x86... not found
bttv0: registered device video0
bttv0: registered device vbi0
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).
tveeprom 1-0050: tuner model is TCL 2002N 5H (idx 99, type 50)
bttv0: using tuner=50
tuner 1-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (bt878 #0 [sw])
tuner 1-0061: type set to 50 (TCL 2002N)

it is obviously loading the bttv drivers.  Would this be the cause of the probleM?

Thanks again.
Dave

P.S.   I have not yet tried playing a MPG file.

Dave Bixler wrote:
I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV Go with the line out of that card into the SB Live line in.

Thanks for the prompt response,
Dave

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
The sound card is not used in the capture of the sound.
What capture card do you have?  Have you tried to
play a prerecorded mpg file from the command line
with the same results?  The sound card is only for output.

Paul

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/25/06 10:33 AM >>>

I finally decided to ditch my Diamond Monster Sound card as I could not

resolve the issues with the audio.  I dropped in a Sound Blaster Live
PCI 7.1 card as a test.  I tried LiveTV and everything sounded great.

When I watched TV, the sound would start right up and when I exited
LiveTV, the sound would cease.  However, when I attempted to record a
show, there was absolutely no sound :(.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem?  I did notice on the ALSA page that supposedly, capture
of
sound is not supported, but I'm not even sure that MythTV is using
ALSA.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about this sound
card?

Thanks,
Dave