Pedro,

First of all, we are in a Brazilian list of Nagios, so with it is possible write in our language will be better for everybody. Anyway we need the message error that you are receiving.

Do not use restart at this time, use stop and after start the process.

Check if these messages come up with which process and also send to us.

Just to check, verify if the Nagios process still running with the ps command.

Good luck ,

Marcio Estruc

Analista de Sistemas - Plataforma Unix
Gerência de Sistemas da Informação

CEG – Cia. Dist. de Gás do Rio de Janeiro
Tel: (21) 2585-7199