Dear all,

        I have a small but interesting update regarding the problem I have been having:  Nagios' regular crashing when multiple downtimes are scheduled.

        I have verified the behavior the I described earlier.  All downtimes (6 or more) are submitted to Nagios at midnight.  The first downtime starts as normal.  However, when the first downtime ends, all other downtimes immediately begin, even though it is not their time.  This time, however:

1) I did not use Nagios version 2.5.  I used the version of Nagios in CVS (I downloaded the daily CVS tarball from 17 August 2006).

2) When I noticed that all of my scheduled downtimes were active when they should not have been, I checked the downtime.dat file.  The downtime.dat file contained correct information, the downtime start and end times were all correct.  It seems that Nagios had decided to corrupt those values in memory.

3) After I was done looking at downtime.dat, I restarted Nagios (through the CGIs).  Nagios promptly restarted, and everything seems back to normal.  I guess Nagios reloaded the downtime schedule from the data file.

        So, more useful information.  So far I haven't received any advice on my problem, either on-list or off-list?  Any ideas/advice/help?  Thanks in advance!

-- A. Karl Kornel, Mindspeed Technologies, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (949) 579-3503
"Remember the Rules: Separation & Optimization"