Hi All,

I'm using the same version of sudo on my Solaris systems. And by 'valid' I didn't mean merely listed in /etc/shell; I meant a real shell like bash. However, I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem at the moment, but I can say that I resorted to giving the nagios user a real shell only when I realised I needed to run a shell-script plugin as the root user. Someone explained to me: "It would be a security flaw for sudo to allow anything to run for a user who is not otherwise entitled to a real shell." I make no comment on the reasoning--consider it hearsay--but sure enough, it was the only way I could get my plugin to work. If I get a chance to reproduce the problem, I'll see what I can dig out about it.

Alex