[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This is within your MTA - you'll have to read up (in sendmail's
documentation) on how to set your nagios shell user as a trusted user
within sendmailhassles tells sendmail the users that are allowed to
usehasslehasslehassle
it in "program-mode" (i.e. local submission, not over an SMTP connection.)

Either that, or you need a script/plugin that will receive your text and
send the mail via SMTP instead of local submission.

Somebody familiar with sendmail may be able to help, I'm afraid I'm not.

Hardly worth the hassle, just to get notices. If I install mailx will it
work without the same hassles?

Try it.