On 3/20/07, Patrick Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There are no major differences between running it on Dreamhost vs.
running it anywhere else you don't have root access, though Dreamhost
will kill processes that try to use too many system resources (CPU,
etc.), and you may find your Nagios instance dying from time to time,
possibly very often, if their systems perceive it as a resource hog.

Dreamhost just wrote me back and told me that they don't allow any
persistent processes. Having seen SpamAssassin and ClamAV "make install"
tutorials (from your shell login), I thought that this sort of thing would
be ok.