On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote: > Where is the log format described? > > I found http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=66 but it is not > same as my /var/log/nagios/nagios.log. For example, I don't see any retry > number.
I didn't see the retry number because it was in a different place than documented in above FAQ. But it is there. > Here are some examples from a Nagios 2.8 system: > > [1196236855] SERVICE ALERT: foo.example.com;foo.disk1;CRITICAL > ;HARD;3;DISK CRITICAL [469380 kB (5%) free on /dev/sda2] So above is 3 (see HARD;3). > [1196236855] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: > jeremy;foo.example.com;foo.disk1;CRITICAL;notify-by-epager;DISK CRITICAL > [469380 kB (5%) free on /dev/sda2] > > [1196312026] SERVICE ALERT: bar.example.org;bar.cpu;OK;SOFT;2;NOW: > Mean:0.000000% Variance: 0.000000% CUMULATIVE: Mean:0.000000% Variance: > 0.000000% And above is a second retry (see SOFT;2). ------------------------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper from Novell. From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going mainstream. Let it simplify your IT future. http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4 _______________________________________________ Nagios-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nagios-users ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null
