Dear all,

Hi...This is my first post to the list so far.

I have been facing a very weird problem related to the SSL handshake when trying to use NRPE.

All (nagios, nagios-plugins and NRPE) are of v2.10 both the client running the NRPE Daemon and the Nagios Monitoring host are with the same version of nagios and related plugins.

The configuration and the installation went fine and I had not had any problems with it, but when I use the NRPE along with I see a UNKNOWN Error ( CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from host.) in my web interface. But if the same [./check_nrpe -H host -c plugin] is run in the terminal I dont receive a single error and it goes fine. Seeing at the nagios logs and the syslogs at the instant I see [ Error: Could not complete SSL handshake. 1] but when I do the same thing via the terminal it goes fine and not a single error is logged.

MY QUESTION: Why am I seeing the error in my web interface and when nagios induces it, and not when I do it myself from the console?

TIA,

Gaurav

--
Disclaimer: This Email message along with any attachments is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. However, Subisu Cablenet Pvt. Ltd. does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.