service checks are ran before host checks. So, ping service might be down
but the host might still be up. It also depends on how many times you
specify a service to be checked before it goes to critical state. Nagios
will run all service checks before it runs host check.
Alex

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:48 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
> Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be
> privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
> communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this
> message and then delete it from your system.

> reporting any issue.

Alex Dehaini
Developer
Site - www.alexdehaini.com