MIB: IF-MIB (file:/etc/snmp/mibs/IF-MIB.txt) converted on Tue Jul  4 10:53:49
2006 using snmpttconvertmib v1.1
#
#
#
EVENT linkDown IF-MIB::linkDown "Events" Normal
FORMAT Link change: $2 state changed to $4
EXEC /usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result $r "IF-MIB
Traps" 1 "Link Change: $2 state changed to $4"
SDESC
A linkDown trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in
an agent role, has detected that the ifOperStatus object for
one of its communication links is about to enter the down
state from some other state (but not from the notPresent
state).  This other state is indicated by the included value
of ifOperStatus.
Variables:
  1: ifIndex
     Syntax="INTEGER32"
     Descr="A unique value, greater than zero, for each interface.  It
            is recommended that values are assigned contiguously
            starting from 1.  The value for each interface sub-layer
            must remain constant at least from one re-initialization of
            the entity's network management system to the next re-
            initialization."
  2: ifAdminStatus
     Syntax="INTEGER"
       1: up
       2: down
       3: testing
     Descr="The desired state of the interface.  The testing(3) state
            indicates that no operational packets can be passed.  When a
            managed system initializes, all interfaces start with
            ifAdminStatus in the down(2) state.  As a result of either
            explicit management action or per configuration information
            retained by the managed system, ifAdminStatus is then
            changed to either the up(1) or testing(3) states (or remains
            in the down(2) state)."
  3: ifOperStatus
     Syntax="INTEGER"
       1: up
       2: down
       3: testing
       4: unknown
       5: dormant
       6: notPresent
       7: lowerLayerDown
     Descr="The current operational state of the interface.  The
            testing(3) state indicates that no operational packets can
            be passed.  If ifAdminStatus is down(2) then ifOperStatus
            should be down(2).  If ifAdminStatus is changed to up(1)
            then ifOperStatus should change to up(1) if the interface is
            ready to transmit and receive network traffic; it should
            change to dormant(5) if the interface is waiting for
            external actions (such as a serial line waiting for an
            incoming connection); it should remain in the down(2) state
            if and only if there is a fault that prevents it from going
            to the up(1) state; it should remain in the notPresent(6)
            state if the interface has missing (typically, hardware)
            components."
EDESC
#
#
#
EVENT linkUp IF-MIB::linkUp "Status Events" Normal
FORMAT Link change: $2 state changed to $4
#EXEC /usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result $r "IF-MIB
Traps" 1 "Link Change: $2 state changed to $4"
SDESC
A linkUp trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in an
agent role, has detected that the ifOperStatus object for
one of its communication links left the down state and
transitioned into some other state (but not into the