Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:18:52AM +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
On the other hand, perhaps you can just consider this a legacy problem, after all Windows 2000 Server should be retired or at least on it's way out by now...

Wouldn't it be pretty to think so.

I'll be inquiring about how to instrument an NT4 SP6 PDC for Nagios
next week... :-)

Wont be that hard actually.
If you use for instance NSClient++ or the original client (p)NSclient (and I am guessing the OpMonAgent as well) which all run on NT4 and beyond but when on windows there are not so many pre-made recipes so one tends to have to manufacture the "wheel" over and over :) But the short answer will be much the same whatever you want to monitor (on windows): Check: the built in (to the agent) cpu/mem/* and in addition you probably want to check Eventlog, PDH counters (and WMI for w2k and beyond) and such to monitor your specific "items".

// Michael Medin

Cheers,
-- jra