From: Alaric [mailto:paxindust...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:57 AM
To: nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Log Rotations Issue

Hi,

I was hoping that someone on this list might have some insight to an issue that
I recently ran into after upgrading my Nagios core installation to 3.4.4 (out
of the EPEL Repo) After upgrading, log rotation stopped on one of my two
servers, and perfdata_file_processing_commands stopped working, and whatever
Job that sets 'CURRENT HOST STATE' in the main nagios logs stopped working.

I upgraded both my Dev server, and my Production server, and only my Prod
servers seems to have the issue.  Both run the same code, and both have the
same configs.
I'm confident the configs as the same, as both get the configs deployed via
puppet.  I've googled around quite a bit, and haven't had any luck figuring it
out.  Has anyone seen anything similar?
  My feeling, based on the behavior of my Dev server is that it's not a problem
with the code, but that something got "stuck"  but I'm darned if I can figure
out what. I've cleared out the logs, restarted nagios, rebooted the server.
Audited configs and checked the debug output.

Any help is much appreciated!

-a

any issue.