I am going to add another pledge to them:
I promise to never wear Crocs as they look good on NO ONE!!!! (see Jelly
reference)
Lynnette
This reminded me of an email that I had
saved.
Im glad that I kept
it,
Maggie
Alright ladies, it's that time of
year once again!!! I think we need to be reminded of a few things. So my
sisters, PLEASE, raise your big toes and repeat after me below...
The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
As a member of the Cute
Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when wearing sandals and other
open-toe shoes:
I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will
not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And
the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
I
will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.
I
will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
I will sand down any mounds
of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
I will shave the hairs
off my big toe.
I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed
girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay
under my toes if I tuck it there.
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape,
pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my
shoe
fixed or toss it.
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on
my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
I will resist the urge
to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet
are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my
safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a
pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break
my ankle.
I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my
toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
I wi ll be brutally
honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too
ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my
fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.
I will promise if I
wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the
correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while
wearing them.
I will promise to go to my local nail salon at least once
per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 or 20 and worth EVERY
penny).
I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that
show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/NailTech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---