From: Lynnette <lynnettemad...@comcast.net>
Subject: NailTech:: Chicago and update on my niece Harleigh
To: NailTech@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 9:19 AM

#yiv149499812 {height:100%;color:#000000;font-size:12pt;font-family:Arial;}
Hola everyone!!!
Well the first day I arrived in Chicago it was at first very cold. Then in the
afternoon it was gorgeous. My daughter and her landlord had plans for me. They
took me to the Conservatory and then the Lincoln Park Zoo. If you ever get a
chance to come here, be sure to go to these two places. They are free and are
wonderful. I have to say the zoo is just as good as the Philly Zoo. (sadly on
the news here one of the monkeys died and two others are sick)
Yesterday I met with Patrice! We had fun as she whipped me around the
Vietnamese supply places. Interesting stores, right Patrice? Most of them the
employees were very nice. We got shunned in one--quite rude Mr.
Thinks-He-Is-Handsome. Then he tried to rip me off by overcharging me. LOL...
One of the places had actual flip flops for 90 cents. No longer will I want to
use/sell the ones from our supply places. These will not break after the first
wear!! Lots of polish, etc.
Today I go to the show and scope out the bargains which I will pick up
tomorrow.
Harleigh update:
Her operation went well on Monday. I talked to her on Tuesday and she sounded
so tired. I asked her how she was doing and she said, "better." This was so
heart-wrenching it made me cry after I hung up with her.
Wednesday-- she told me she was "good." So now I do not know if better was
better or good was better!!!! She still sounded weak and again I cried. I tried
to imagine when my kids were small and how I would be if this were them. Makes
me sad.
Tuesday my sister texted me to ask how she can thank ALL of you for the
wonderful cards and notes you sent and are still sending. She was overwhelmed
and cried over all of them. She loves all your letters. Joan will put them in a
book for Harleigh to keep forever. Thank you to each and every one of you for
doing this. I was trying to keep up with sending a personal thank you to all of
you that posted, but I got overwhelmed and was so busy at work before leaving
for my trip. Sooooo, if I did not get one to you personally, PLEASE, it was an
oversight. From the bottom of my heart and my sister's, please know that what
you did for Harleigh was nothing short of amazing. What a wonderful bunch of
friends.
I talked to Harleigh last night, Friday. They took out her IV but she had to
drink and pee before they will let her go home. Joan said she was pretending to
drink. Harleigh told me that she would have to stay for another "week" if she
does not drink her juice. (LOL) Likely more a day. She is walking all around
CHOP and be-bopping around in the Lil' Tykes car through the hospital corrider!
She sounded wonderful. They still have her on pain meds, but are trying to wean
her to just Tylenol.
You know I was trying to think of how to make this nail related when I first
asked for you to send the cards... I cannot make it nail related, but I can
make it beauty related. I saw Harleigh the week before her operation. She has
THE most unibrow I have ever seen and sooo visible on a 3 year old!!! I told
her that I cannot wait until she is old enough for me to wax her. So now it is
beauty related!
Again, muchas gracias to all of you.
buenos dias from Chicago where snow is in the forecast...
Lynnette