Maggie,
You do not need therapy you need a backbone with this client.
ALL of us have a client like this. How long we let them walk all over us is up
to us.
So you actually like not getting a paycheck? That is what that is.
You should have run to the bank and cashed it right away.
One thing you did not mention is if she is paying the fees for her bounced
checks. Are you covering her ass on them? What are your fees? What are you
telling your clients your bounced fees are for them? I have a $20 fee. Some
banks charge their patrons $30. That is $50 per bounced check. Who can afford
that?
I have a client that USED to do this to me. I dreaded that tell tale envelope
from the bank. KNEW it was hers. Her bank used to tell me over the phone if the
funds were available but now with that stupid HIPA I have to go to her bank.
For a while the bouncing stopped. Then she asked me to hold the check. I
deposit my salon money on Mondays only. She knows this. So she wanted me to
hold it until the FOLLOWING Monday. Three days before her next appointment. YET
she would go to Walmart before here and get all kinds of wants. Walmart knows
immediately if there are available funds. No money, no bags. One time she came
with an iPod but wanted me to hold her check. That was the very last time I did
it.
I told her that four other people asked me to hold their checks that week. (Not
true) So this kept me from getting paid for that week. I told her it would be
as if her boss gave her her check but said she could not cash it for ten days.
That was the very last time I got a bounced check or her asking me to hold it.
Who cares if your client gets mad if you cash it? You deserve to be paid. How
dare she even question it.
For your own sanity I would not put her back in the book.  But it is your
business, your sanity, your empty paycheck!!
Buenos dias,
Lynnette
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile