From: Mindy Borrego <mi...@mindyfingers.com>
To: NailTech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:20:47 PM
Subject: NailTech:: Re: gel questions

<<Manufacturers will always tell you that you shouldn't mix because if you ever
have a problem they can't help you troubleshoot. That being said, I'm sure
every nail tech, to some extent, mixes product.>>

And in my experience, that is true (and as a teacher, that is what I teach my
students).  However...

It is my understanding that once gel has been placed under the light and
properly cured, you are NOT mixing product, because the gel has polymerized.
This is unlike acrylic where there may be the temptation to mix company
ABC's monomer with company XYZ's polymer.  That's a no-no (but not to say that
folks don't do it).

Can any gel experts out there confirm or dispute this??

Mindy Borrego, Mindyfingers, Granby, CT
e-mail: mi...@mindyfingers.com