So, after 14 years I am seriously designing my next desk. The one I have now
has a Formica countertop and it has lasted this long and is still going strong
despite years of using it as a palette for both acrylic and acrylic paints, as
well as the occassional step stool. (it's a solid desk!) That Formica has
proved to be right near indestructible!

So, do I stick with Formica? Is it really the best thing? Does anyone have any
experience with Corian or other solid laminates as a countertop for a nail
desk? Something that stands up to product, abrasives (I've been known to drop
the drill before,) acetone-- especially acetone!

I've seen some beautiful nail desks being made with granite countertops, but
after talking to several countertop-folks I've decided to stay away from
anything that requires sealing, as I'd just have to have it resealed
periodically and, frankly, I'm not that diligent.

Maggie Franklin: Attitudes Salon; Visalia, CA
"Visionary rebel dreamer; obviously way ahead of my time."
Maggie's Website
Maggie's Personal Blog
Maggie Rants [and rav...@nails Magazine
Myspace