I was shocked at so many things I am unsure where to start!

a) education very limited
b) product information readily available
c) how people view my career choice
d) continuing education

and  how people have no idea about nails... I have a number of clients
that used to go to the NSS to have nails done, when they come to me
they have all these questions and can't believe that it isn't painful
and they stay looking nice, but mostly they question my technique (I
use gel and they all swear that they are wearing gel... it's the old
gel-powder routine) so they are not sure... I have to explain each
step and product that I am using and why I use it...they can't
understand why I throw out files when I am done with them...

I guess I had this vision of what things would be like and when i was
finished my training and set loose to follow this dream I didn't get
what I expected.

On Oct 20, 1:01 pm, Maggie in Visalia <[email protected]> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 10/20/09, Judy Lessin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> From: Judy Lessin <[email protected]>
> Subject: round up question
> To: "Maggie in Visalia" <[email protected]>
> Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 10:16 AM
>
> Hi Maggie,
>  
> I’m looking for a couple more responses to this round-up question, if you’d 
> care to reply (and feel free to pass along to any tech friends).
>  
> What’s surprised you the most when you first became a tech? We’d like you to 
> fill in the blank: “When I first became a tech, I was shocked to learn 
> _______.”
>  
> Thanks,
> Judy
> Judy Lessin, NAILS Magazine
> Direct: 310.533.2457  Fax: 310.533.2507
> 3520 Challenger St., Torrance, CA 90503
> E-mail:[email protected] www.nailsmag.comhttp://blogs.nailsmag.com/editor
>  
>  
> == This email has been scanned for viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security 
> System. ==

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to