I am proably goin to be tarred and feathered when you hear this but I
really need some advice.

I have been offering nail art and other embellishments since I started
doing nails (3 years in my home salon and now 2 years in my own
salon)  I have charged a minimal fee for some of the art that I do and
the free hand nail art.

However, since opening my salon I have seen an increasing number of
clients that come to me and want not elaborate nails...but not just a
set of P&W's either.

I keep some tips that I have completed on display, and some people
choose a design from there and sometimes I am expected to just pull
something out of thin air (most times isn't so bad...other times my
brain does not want to function that way)

I was thinking that I really should be charging for these services.
So how should I go about this?  I want to take each of the tips and
put a little price tag on it saying that it is "$X" for this design
and "$X" for that one and then charge a small flat rate for others.  I
want to give my clients enought notice so I was thinking January 1st
would be the right time.

what do you think?  I think the worst that could happen is that people
will stop getting the art and I will be able to add another
appointment or two to my schedule each day...

you can give it to me straight....I can take it!  I know I should have
been charging all along and now that I have trained them this way it
is going to be tuff to re-train them.