The Road Show that I was at Doug explained that MAP primer was the number
one cause for allergic reactions caused by nail tech's flooding the cuticle
area and the primer going under the nail and causing the nail to lift from
the nail bed ending in onocholysis.  I believe I heard him using the nail
clipping scenario in explaining that acetone will not eat/destroy your nail,
I believe that this was right after he explains that acetone is only toxic
if you drink it and then goes on to explain that acetone is safer than water
since water is the number one cause of contact dermatitis.

His newest book is at the salon, I will make a note to check the book
tomorrow to see what it says.....

R

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Pati <[email protected]> wrote:

> I believe it was about both.... at that time he was pointing out the amount
> of "damage" that the products were doing. Monomer, Primer...I remember he
> said the most toxic product in our salon (AT THAT TIME) was glue
> accelerator...not sure which other products he mentioned then...
>
> Pati
>
> 'Good friends are like stars...
> You don't always see them, But you know they are always there.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kimberly Lesser <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wed, May 12, 2010 5:51 pm
> Subject: NailTech:: Pati (Doug Schoon statement)
>
> Pati, I have personally heard him say this about monomer, not primer.
>
> ~Kimberly~
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nailtech%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to