a) the colors can be layered but not mixed because each color has its own
unique chemical formula.  If you mix them it messes up the balance of photo
initiators and pigment.  The layering works because the color is cured in it's
own layer with the photo initiators and pigment in balance and then the next
color is cured in it's own layer etc.

b) the CND lamp is different from other lamps because it has a higher UV
output, there are low amounts of photo initiators in Brisa and Shellac to keep
them from easily over curing and becoming aged, yellow, and brittle on the
nail.  If you use another lamp the UV output may be sufficient to make the
product appear cured but can lead to issues like service breakdown and over
exposure.

Holly L. Schippers
CND Education Ambassador
holly.schipp...@cndeducation.com641-660-4058 c

Visit cnd.com for the latest in products, education and nail fashion!