In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter how private a site, or list is. I  
have found that commenting on the most private of sites has not made a  
difference. 
 
 
 
 
 
In a message dated 5/24/2010 12:51:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 
I agree with you  Deb…and I know you do all you can to keep up the 
integrity of the list. I  remember the discussion about changing your 
signatures 
after Rhonda reminded  me of it, and that may be the way to go.  
Each version of the  nail tech list is better than the one before it…so I 
am happy with whatever  you decide.   
Karen 
 
  
____________________________________
 
From:  [email protected]  [mailto:[email protected]]  On 
Behalf Of Debbie  Doerrlamm
Sent: Sunday, May  23, 2010 10:42 PM
To:  [email protected]
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Reminder...be  careful about posting to the list...
Karen.. I really do think it is the really odd  occurrence that a customer 
found a list post.. 

BUT.. that said.. maybe  it might be time to restrict the viewing to 
subscribers only..
BUT.. that  said.. it would not keep a consumer from subscribing unless I 
set them to have  to be approved.. but then how am I to know they are a 
professional or not??  and the time involved deciding if each new subscribe 
request should or should  not be approved.. following me here???

I do have it set to new members  cant post direct to the list, I have to 
approve the posts - as well as ones  that google groups decides might be 
spam.. and only members can post

I  do have it set that no one can see the member list

I'm open to  suggestions from you ALL about this.. if the majority of you 
want the list  closed to non-members I can certainly do that.. not sure if 
that will help all  the past posts not being indexed by google or any other 
search engine though..  


Deb


At 10:35 PM 5/22/2010, you  wrote:

I had a  shocking call this week...it turned out  good, but it was a bit of 
a shock to have a stranger call my salon saying she  had googled "Key  
West" and "Shellac" and read my post to the list where  I had replied to a post 
that had "Shellac" in the subject line.  From  that she got my salon number 
and called to book an appointment. Good,  right?  But I was under the 
mistaken impression that you had to be a  member of  "nailtech" to read our 
list 
posts....and apparently you do  not!  So be very thoughtful about ventilating 
about those  clients!!!

Karen Hodges 


Morning  Glory


Key  West 

-- 
You received this message because  you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this  group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from  this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more  options, visit this group at 
_http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en_ 
(http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en) . 
Regards,
Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\  ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin -  IDSR

[email protected] 
(AOL or AIM - NailGdsss)
WWWeb  Services, Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount,  VA
631-981-1273  fax  631-981-7557
ONLINE STORE _http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe
_ (http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe) _http://www.beautytech.com_ 
(http://www.beautytech.com/)  & _http://www.beautytech.INFO
_ (http://www.beautytech.info/) for  Professionals              for 
Consumers

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the  Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to  [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to  
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group  at http://groups.google.com/group/nai
ltech?hl=en.
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the  Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to  [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to  
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group  at  
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to