Pam, that's a great idea!!!  Thanks for the information, I will try that.  
Sincerely, Peggy :o)!
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email protected] 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 11:26 PM
  Subject: Re: NailTech:: Airbrush French w/Shellac coating


  Hi Mary Jo,
    I'm confused!  Did you do a french?  Did you airbrush on bare nails or use 
the $hellac basecoat first?  I didn't use any polish or $hellac color, just 
airbrush on bare nails, then $hellac base, then $hellac top coat.  Lasted for a 
full 2 weeks before it began to chip according to my client!
  Pam 
  Nail Designs
  Ohio





  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email protected]
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Sun, Aug 8, 2010 9:52 pm
  Subject: Re: NailTech:: Airbrush French w/Shellac coating


  Pam,
  How did this hold up?  I tried to use Shellac base, 2 coats of regular polish 
and Shellac topcoat......total disaster.  Chipped off within 24 hours.
  Mary Jo Zwirowski
  Tipz n Toez, Ltd. ~ www.tipzntoezltd.com
  Naperville, IL

    Hi Techs,
       Today I had a client who reluctantly had to remove her acrylics that she 
got in March for a vacation.  She has really enjoyed them, but for financial 
reasons could not continue.  We talked while I was soaking them off, 
(foil/cotton ball/acetone method of course!  Thanks to my nailtech buddies!)   
and I asked her if she would be willing to be a guinea pig for an airbrushed 
french with the clear $hellac base and top coat.  Deal!  So... 

    Soaked off acrylic, 
    gently buffed off any remaining bits,
     used Scrub fresh on the nails.  
    Then... airbrushed a french on the bare nails, 
    added a coat of clear $hellac base.. cured.. 
    added a coat of clear Shellac top coat & cured.  
    Wiped off residue and the nails looked fantastic! 

    Told her that her job as guinea pig was to call me every couple of days and 
tell me how they were holding up!  She was so pleased to walk out with 
beautiful looking nails!  I could tell she wasn't ready to go "naked" just yet! 
lol!  Now, I've never tried to do a french gel set, using the base gel, the 
white gel, the pink gel, the top coat gel.. but this seemed so quick & easy to 
do and the results were amazing!  Lots of time saved too, airbrush is quick, 
base of $hellac is 10 seconds, top coat of $hellac, 2 minutes.  FAST!  I wish I 
had taken pictures now that I think about it!  Duh!  

    Now lets talk about pricing.. my acrylic fills are $26.00.  An airbrush 
french is an extra $2.00.  Gel over the acrylic is an extra $5.00... has been 
for years.  Now that $hellac has hit the scene, I am wondering how much to 
charge for the french with $hellac over it.  My manicures are $15.00, if you 
add the extra $10.00 for the $hellac, it comes to $25.00!  And takes less than 
35 minutes!  So.. I can slave away for an hour or hour and a half really for 
the acrylic, or do the $hellac over french in less time for just $1.00 less?  I 
wonder if I should charge less because I am leaving out the 2 coats of color 
$hellac.  This will be interesting to see how it holds up. I don't expect it to 
have the longevity of the acrylic coating, so it might be difficult to market 
for the price.  :-(   Ok, will keep ya'll posted on how this goes! 

    Pam
    Nail Designs 
    Ohio
    (P.S.  I am using the $ sign for $hellac because I still can't believe I 
paid $16.00 a bottle for 1/4 of an ounce!)  

    -- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.



  -- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.


  -- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to