Hi Teks,
  I am working on a holiday promotion/gift for my clients.  Because I thought I
would STARVE last Jan/Feb/March, (really!  Never in my 28 years have I seen so
many holes in my schedule!)  Many of my clients are retired now, and spend the
winter in Fla. or somewhere south.  So... I was thinking about giving a gift
certificate for an upgrade to a  "Deluxe Pedicure"  in the months of
Jan/Feb/March.  I did a promotion last year where I gave my clients a gift
certificate for a manicure to give to someone else!  It could be a relative, a
friend, or for the office gift exchange.  It was essentially a free manicure
gift certificate that they could give to someone who has never been to my nail
salon before.  I had a lot that went unused though.  :-(   I guess it comes
down to if they didn't actually pay for it, it had no value.  So.. this year,
instead of discounting the pedicure service,  I was thinking I would give them
a pedicure gift certificate for an upgraded deluxe spa pedicure!  Our pedicures
are $32.00, and I was thinking of adding a paraffin service for their hands and
perhaps a leg massage along with the foot massage. I am hoping that once they
try the "upgraded" pedicure, they will want to have more of them!   It would
also be a way to fill in the holes in my schedule during those 3 months.  As I
would still be charging the regular pedicure price, I wouldn't be losing money
on the service either.  The free paraffin would add another 5 minutes and maybe
a cost to me of 50-75 cents for the product.   So what do ya'll think?  I am
open to other suggestions too!
Thanks a bunch,
Pam
Nail Designs