Very good advice Maggie!

Angie Wingerter

________________________________
From: Maggie in Visalia <onykoph...@yahoo.com>
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, December 13, 2010 1:47:26 PM
Subject: Re: NailTech:: needed a advice

Hi, and welcome to the list and to the industry! I've been doing nails for 18
years now, and I have done the math several times for several products and I
just want to let you know that "affordable" has a lot more to do with how you
purchase your product than which product you purchase.

There are some very inexpensive products out there, but make sure you always
read the label and get the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for the products--
there are several supply stores that sell products that contain MMA (Methyl
Methacrylate Monomer)-- this is often very cheap, but also not appropriate for
use on nails, and illegal in many states.

Make sure you buy your products in the largest size you can reasonably use
within a year to a year and a half. Most companies claim a shelf life of one
year to one and half years before products start to break down.

If you can use a half gallon of monomer in a year-- cough up the money and buy
half gallon at a time. Doing this can mean the difference between costing you
$0.65 cents per full set, vs up to $4.00 per set! It really is worth it to buy
your products in bulk.

Also-- when it gets broken down to individual services, it doesn't matter if
your monomer costs $225 a gallon or $180 a gallon-- your cost per service will
only be one to five cents in difference.

What you need to focus on is finding the product that you LIKE working with.
Call different companies and ask if they will provide samples of their products
for you to try out.

Maggie Franklin:
Owner & Artist, The Art of Nailz, Visalia CA
 "Visionary rebel dreamer; obviously way ahead of my time."
Maggie Rants [and rav...@nails Magazine
Facebook