From: "pamsna...@aol.com" <pamsna...@aol.com>
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Fri, February 4, 2011 12:07:29 AM
Subject: NailTech:: question, help, advertising

I contacted Groupon and was concerned by several things , one was that the
scale
they were requesting was WAY beyond my means and financial capabilities.  First
of all.. they want you to discount your services by at least 50%.  So.. I was
going to have a spa manicure with paraffin treatment and a pedicure special.
Total value, $58.00, groupon value $30.00.  Wait, YOU don't get the $30 for
providing the service, THEY  get 50% of the $30, so $15 goes to them.  Then,
they wanted to charge ME 2.5% for the credit card fee on top of that!  They
told
me that they were splitting the credit card fee with me 50/50.   Dang!  Why
don't THEY get a Square and  then it would only be half of  2.75%!?  Hmmm?
They
also wanted me to offer 100 of the specials.  So, calculating that I would need
3-4 hours to set up/clean up  and do the service, then figure that I would only
be collecting $14.63 for each service, minus the cost of products such as
paraffin, files, soak, scrub, etc.  I would be working for less than $5.00 an
hour!  I thought about it and decided that there was no way I could agree to
such terms, since it is just ME and I would be the one responsible for honoring
the 100 certificates requiring 4 hour blocks of my time over the next 9
months!
It was a deal breaker for me, because of my standing appointments it is hard to
find a 4 hour block of time to dedicate to this project.  So.. it was a no go
for me.. I will have to find another avenue in order to avoid working for half
of minimum wage.  I'm open to ideas.. I've got so many clients who went south
for the winter then add in the weather with the snow and ice storms and its
just
financially killing me!
Pam
Nail Designs