I was going to say that the only company still truly pro only is Tammy Taylor. 
Zoya constantly does BOGOs & promos for customers that make it more expensive 
to get at the salon. I have also seen Zoya @Ulta. But Ulta has a salon in store 
but they run big sales too. The boutique brands (Rescue Beauty Lounge, Ginger + 
Liz) sell to the public but at least those are harder to get (not in 
drugstore/Walmart). G+L offers a pro discount. RBL does not.

Jennifer 

Sent from Jennifer's iPhone

On Jun 3, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Michelle Cordes <[email protected]> wrote:

> I agree. Wholeheartedly. That is why I quit using OPI years ago... the first 
> time I spotted them in Walmart. That is why I never used Essie. And that is 
> why I got rid of Zoya. They run ads in the back of the fashion mags with an 
> 800 number to call to order, and they DO sell to the public. No thanks. I am 
> all about the companies that cater to us as professionals only... CND is at 
> least only sold in the beauty salons in the mall (around here anyway)... and 
> if you are looking for a great INEXPENSIVE polish line, Tammy Taylor's kicks 
> butt and is a great price. Nice brush and bottle to use. And Tammy will sell 
> retail items (no chemicals) off her website to the public but at the same 
> price we would sell it for, so at least she isn't undercutting us. Pro only 
> is the way to go... go get 'em Lauren... give 'em hell... :)
>  
> Michelle
> www.michellecordes.com
> 
> From: Michelle Phoenix <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Friday, June 3, 2011 7:51 PM
> Subject: Re: NailTech:: re:sell outs, Essie, etc.
> 
> That's why I've stuck w/ Zoya and Nubar all these years.  The customer 
> service at Nubar is laughable, but the product rocks and that's what counts 
> in the end.
> 
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Lauren Dodson <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is how I feel. All of these companies are "professional" only. They were 
> started by people like ourselves. They have all sold out. No one seems to 
> care about the professional, so why would the client care? It's the American 
> way. Take the money and run. I will be having words with all of the sell out 
> companies at Orlando, starting with Essie. We are there taking classes and 
> trying to be the "best" when the product lines are just trying to make a buck 
> and screw us. I say look for start up companies and back them. Screw OPI and 
> the like.
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Michelle Phoenix
> Owner & Elite Licensed Nail Technician
> 
> Wet Paint Nail Spa
> NAILS, SKIN & HAIR
> www.wetpaintnailspa.com
> Online Booking Available
> (617) 868-0620
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
> 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to