From: Cherie Byklum <cbyk...@gmail.com>
To: nailtech <nailtech@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm
Subject: Re: NailTech:: need ideas

No kidding you should be a marketing GOD!!

Cherie Byklum
Sensationails & Hair
www.mysensationails.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 2011-12-13, at 7:51 PM, Arpi <arp...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow Pam!

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 13, 2011, at 8:35 PM, pamsna...@aol.com wrote:

Hi Ruth,
   The very first thing I would do is to make sure that the name you selected
can be used as a website name also. i.e.  www.AngelicBeautyWorks.com   That
would be first and foremost!  I swear, if I had to do it over, my buiness name
would BE a website format!  Of course, the internet wasn't even INVENTED yet
when I started doing nails.. sooooo...  anyway!  Make SURE you "register" your
business name in your state!  You may need to do this for a lot of reasons, so
others cannot copy your name, so you can use a business checking acct, etc.  In
Ohio, it was $50 for 5 years to register my business name, but.. one of the
local banks  was offering $200.00 for business checking accounts!  So.. I made
out on that deal!  :-)
    Second thing.. try to get a phone number for your business that is easy to
remember.  XXX-Ang-elic  (your area code + 264-3542 spells "Angelic")  You
could also use words like Man-icure Ped-icure Spa-salon etc.  Try different
words till you find one that is available and will work for you business
number. Not sure of your area code, or if it would also spell something cute
that you could incorporate into your phone number, but... find one that is easy
to remember for your clients to call without having to look your number up!
   When I hear the name "Angelic Beauty Works" I picture an angel, reclining
in a white robe, feet being soaked or pedicured on a plush stool, nails being
polished, facial mask on, hair up in a wrap with the halo above that.  lol~  Of
course the angel wings are visible outside of the robe!  hehe!   I know!  What
an imagination!  Anyway, would be a very interesting image for your business
cards and ads!
    Now.. for a business slogan.. hmmm... how about "Fools rush in where Angels
fear to tread?"   Oh.. wait.. thats one of my personal favorite slogans!
However, it is a very well known slogan, so maybe you could alter it slightly?
"Angelic Beauty Works:  A Heavenly Retreat for your Body and Soul"  something
like that.
  Hope this gets your brain working!  I wish you much success!
Pam
Nail Designs Unlimited
Ohio