From: Karen <keyzka...@bellsouth.net>
To: NailTech <NailTech@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, January 6, 2012 1:59:19 AM
Subject: NailTech:: Style Seat! Check it out!

Hey you guys...this topic is hitting just right for me!  I just accidentally
discovered Style Seat last weekend when I was searching the Grapevine Texas
area
to see what nail techs might have an online presence. I've been working all
week
setting up my profile, adding my sevices, and just now went "live" on the
website by uploading some photos. (Not great photos, yet, but a necessary step
to allow your site to be seen.)

Check my site out at http://www.styleseat.com/morningglory

So far the good points are:

You have many many choices to make...they are allowing you complete control
over
pretty much any aspect of your business.

They will let you allow online booking...or not!

They have gift cards your clients can buy themselves and each other. (So far,
there seems to be no fees associated with this...I anticipate there might be in
the future.)

They have a special business analysis section that can give you some stats as
you build up a history with them.

There is a client data base for various contact points, birthday, etc. I am not
sure if there will be space for "notes" (I am still learning all the various
functions) but I imagine that stylists will want a place for hair
formulations...just like we will for custom nail colors, etc.

There is a photo gallery where you can showcase your work. (again...don't judge
my quickly thrown together gallery! lol)

You will show up on the search page with a map pin point and your profile
picture.

There is a "Special Offer" pane where you can list promotions.

You can describe your services...or simply list them.  You can give times and
prices and the phrase "and up" is an option.

You can integrate with facebook or twitter, and you can also list another
website if you want to.

The customer service seems to be unprecedented...I had a couple of concerns and
when they asked me for feedback, I gave it to them...and they actually listened
and implemented changes as quickly as they could!  (an example: the initial
sign
up page asks you to say "I work as a:  [choose one]"   There was no choice for
"nail technician"....and now there is!)

On the negative side....and I know you will want to know this Rhonda!....they
do
not seem to have complete "marriage" between contacts and appointment setting.
Or at least their mobile app does not allow me to tap that appointment, see who
is set for that time and then immediately call or text that client. I have to
go
out of the program and to my iPhone contacts section.  I have asked them about
this...will see what the answer is.

Also, they do not have a recurring appointment functionality yet...but I see on
their website that others are asking for this...and they state they're working
on it. I gave them the feedback that we need the recurrances to be stated in
terms of "#s of weeks"....as most of our appointment setting is 2 weeks or 3
weeks or 4 weeks, etc.....rather than "every month on the 12th" which doesn't
work for us.

I also wish there was a way to display the logos for the credit cards I
accept...as well as a place to put in my cancellation policy or other
comments.
Will mention these two items to them and see what they say.

I have set up a few appointments already...just started the new year with them.
Will see how it goes.

Is anyone else using this app?  Any ideas for us?

Karen Hodges
Morning Glory @ Audra Ballard Salon--