Well it happened. As of yesterday, to eliminate all Cosmetology and Barber licensing is now up for a vote in the House and Senate.

This means that there will be no licensing, no schools, no regulation. The schooling and license you have now will mean nothing.

This means that anyone off the street can do hair, nails, tanning, waxing, anything.

I have no idea how this will be handled by the supply houses, because they only sell to those that are licensed. All new ball game for all manufacturers.

Here is the website that contains the full ROEC report: http://www.in.gov/pla/files/Regulated_Occupations_Recommendations_Report_12_16_2011.pdf

Of course with any proposed legislation, licensees may also contact their Legislator at http://www.in.gov/legislative/index.htm.

The ROEC committee basically says that if the consumer is hurt, they can hire an attorney, if they get a bad hair cut, they can switch to another salon, buyer beware. But Government regulation is not needed. Please read the report.

As for all of the non Indiana techs on here, If one state does this, others will follow.

I cannot lobby for or against this because I work for the Governor. My advice is if you agree or disagree, contact your local representative.

I cannot contact everyone, can you please pass the word in your salons.

Diana Bonn - Indiana State Board of Cosmetology - (diana from indiana)