Vinylux does not require a base coat. 2 coats of color + 1 coat of Weekly Top
Coat. Great stuff, lasts a full 2 weeks on my clients nails (6 weeks on a
pedicure) and dries in under 10 minutes. It is harder to remove. I use straight
acetone and a Hands Down Ultra pad for removal.

Hum, CND educators on the list...why is the top coat called "weekly" is the
client supposed to apply one coat every week at home? I've never heard anyone
say to do it, I'm just wondering about the name on the bottle.

As far as the acrylic/ polish/ acrylic/ gel application; I see no point. Why
put polish between layers of acrylic? The nail tech would have to apply
acrylic, file, wash dust off nails, polish, wait 10 minutes or longer for
polish to dry, apply acrylic, file, gel top coat, cure, cleanse. What would be
the point? Use a gel color to get long lasting color with fewer steps and
without wasting time waiting for the polish to dry and doing 2X the work by
filing the acrylic 3X (1st time, thinning the old acrylic to prep the nail,
second time, first application of acrylic and third time, second application of
acrylic over polish) and how would the nail tech ever get all the old color
off? Soak off the full set at every service? Again, what would be the point?

Katherine
Nails at Panache
St. Louis, MO
Sent from my iPad