On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Cat Okita wrote:

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Lucy Lynch wrote:
I'd have a much easier time getting them to let me go to LA or SF, simply
because they aren't pervceived as prime vacation destinations, beaches
and all.

No beaches in Santo Domingo (beaches in LA and SF, however)

Are we thinking of the same place?

http://www.webcarhire.com/dominican-rep-car-hire/santodomingo-car-rental.htm

yep - car rental - its quite a drive to the nearest beach

(I'm aware that there are beaches in LA and SF - but most corporate
travel folk don't think "SF == beaches" the way they think "caribbean == beaches" ... LA - not so much either ;>)

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."