On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Pete Templin wrote:

For those of us who want to learn about 24x7 Support Strategies but don't care to read about veggie oil and biodiesel as a staffing strategy, having folk adjust the subject of a tangential thread is a feature. OK?

Adjusting the subject line is a good idea so as to be able to differentiate the topic of the conversation. That said, I have found, in 20 years of group discussions, that it is rarely followed. Whether or not it is included in the AUP, I seriously doubt that it will be followed by most posters, and even if the posters intend to follow this rule, most usually forget.

Plus, you usually end up with the same discussion under many different subject lines.

 -Sean

Please reply through the list.