Haha. I can't believe I'm going to respond to the ASR alias, but ok, I will.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Paul Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Philip Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> The Steering Committee has unanimously agreed to start afresh with the
>> composition of the Mail List Committee. There has been a long term, and
>> ongoing, conflict within the MLC that had made it essentially
>> dysfunctional. The SC would be derelict in our duty to allow this to
>> continue any longer.
>
> Why don't you just admit the truth, that the MLC was hijacked by a single
> out-of-control member, one Martin Hannigan. Rumor has it that Mr. Hannigan

Not quite accurate, Chip. I advocated my position that the community
didn't want certain things and stuck by the presentation that was made
in Albuquerque. I interpreted that to mean that what appeared to be
consensus was what y'all wanted as policy. Would you expect any less?

> has been busy trying to bring his lawyers onto the MLC calls, and has
> threatened to sue Merit for defamation if any of the actual minutes discussing
> the situation were published. Is that why the SC is taking the cowards way
> out, and trying to blame the entire MLC for the actions of one individual?

Well, not accurate again. :-)  Of course there was a "lawyer" comment,
but you're out of context. The actual comment was in something that
started out as fairly ridiculous to begin with. Here's my followup
quote:

"It was meant to be facetious. I think that some of this stuff has
gotten fairly ridiculous to be honest."

> Rumor also has it that the rest of the MLC voted and unanimously requested
> that Marty be removed on multiple occasions, but the SC and Merit weren't
> willing to step up to the plate and handle the situation. I can't imagine why

Not accurate again. Who's your source, Sparky? I volunteered to resign
at the last meeting in order to quell any sort of mass disruption
based on my perception of what y'all wanted in terms of list policy.
Trust me when I say that some of the things being proposed as list
policy behind the scenes was quite ridiculous. I'm completely at peace
with that. NANOG isn't the five of you who think that the world
revolves around you.

> anyone would want to volunteer for the MLC in the future considering this
> treatment, and I second Mr. Seastrom's calls for the SC to do the honorable
> thing and commit seppuku.

The symptom is a sore throat. It's been treated with a cough drop. The
problem is an infection. Shifting the blame is not the anti biotic.

All I can offer as an observance is that there are multiple commercial
conflicts with members of the SC, myself, other members, and the
community. Creating a political atmosphere in NANOG is not working
because of the commercial conflicts.

But I do think that the SC, finally -- /cough cough no hernia push
harder/, did the right thing.

Hey Paul, why don't you put your money where your big mouth is and
step up to the plate and try and make everyone happy being on the MLC?
Volunteer?

-M<