Title: Sig
The issue of Merit's position on the creation of an independent organization has come up, so allow me to state it directly.  Merit was not consulted, this was a decision made by community leaders and presented to Merit.  We at Merit do not think it is a good idea.  We have always tried to support and act in accordance with the will of the community.  Therefore, we will support this transition to the best of our ability.

Sincerely,
Don
--

Donald J. Welch, Ph.D.

President and CEO

Merit Network, Inc.

www.merit.edu

734-527-5701

Connecting Organizations – Building Community

Hands-on Network Security: Practical Tools and Methods

Apr 27, 2010 - Apr 29, 2010

http://www.merit.edu/events/archive/specialevents/securitytools2010/

2010 Merit Member Conference

May 26, 2010 - May 27, 2010