The "A" in A-GPS does not come from 12,500 miles away, as their web site
asserts.
The "A" is ephemeris and other over-head info, and in this context is
transmitted by the mobile phone network.

GlobalLocate Corp and SIRF both tout receiver designs that incorporate
massively parallel correlator
technology.  This extends GPS receiver sensitivity down to -159dBmW.

Galileo has been approved.  It is compatible Navstar and will more than double
the GPS constellation.
This will provide greater likelihood of favorable signal reception conditions.